About EKLA, the specialist in contemporary furniture and redefining your space
EKLA was created in 2015 by Shenaz Currimjee, Mauritian creative director and Elsa Lemarignier, Parisian gallery owner and design editor, and unconditional lover of Mauritius.
The fruit of years of experience in the worlds of design, fashion and culture, as well as the desire to bring together their visions of beauty of form and function and happy spaces, triggered the creation of this exciting and unprecedented venture in Mauritius: A platform dedicated to Design, in all its variations.
EKLA’s first purpose is to offer you a discerning selection of Mauritian and International designers and editors in the fields of furniture, lighting, and object design; spheres that add soul to our spaces, both private and professional, as well as to life outdoors.
Since its creation in November 2015, numerous exhibitions revealing design talents and propositions have been organized at the Saint-Antoine distillery, at Imaaya gallery, as well as at DOCK 13 in Port Louis.
Over the years, EKLA has grown into the “Saint-Antoine Hub”, a space that encompasses Design Offices with designer and Interior Architect Daniel de Robillard, as well as a Showroom spanning Concept Store and Gallery.
What makes choosing a piece from EKLA special:
- Build up a collectible collection that will resonate over time; we select these pieces for their design, conceived with passion and brought to life with integrity, without forgetting their technical ability to withstand the demands of the Mauritian climate.
- Promote Mauritian know-how; initiated in 2015 with pieces by Daniel de Robillard, the collection “Made in Mauritius at EKLA” has since expanded and was joined in 2019 by Gravel & Dust and Editions Noon. Our desire is to establish an increasingly complete and sustainable offer, one that is recognized internationally as we have started exports to France and the United Kingdom.
- Choose in an inspirational setting where atmospheric historical architecture, beautiful nature and the latest creative trends meet.
- Discover about design; the designers and editors, our recognized partners, take care to share with us their know-how and their technical expertise by providing us with abundant documentation and a large sample collection, allowing you to select and visualise options as close as possible to your needs.
- Ban the option of industrial copies: our designers are artists, their work is often the result of years of reflection and their creations deserve the respect that we owe to creativity and know-how.
- Favour eco-responsible choices: our manufacturers are committed to the choice of sustainable materials and low carbon footprint manufacturing methods.
- Benefit from a range of services: interior decoration, prompt delivery, assembly, installation, and After Sales Service.